Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fire Damages Trucks at Local Construction Company in Waltham

On Wednesday April 24th I had not photographed anything in a while and it had been quiet since the Marathon Bombings and Manhunt so I thought it would be another quiet night.

 Around 9PM I had just returned home from the Red Sox Game at Fenway. As I was relaxing sitting down to watch Chicago Fire at 10:10PM my scanner went off "Attention Engine 1, Engine 4, Ladder 2 and Rescue 6". I knew that response well it was a full assignment for a structure fire. Listening further it was Box 234 and it was being struck for 18 Fern Street J.J Obrien & Sons a Local construction contractor.

I went to my front window and from my 3rd floor apt I could see smoke in the distance meaning this was not a false alarm. The scanner went off again and Squad 5 as RIT and Medic 2 were dispatched. I began to grab all my gear as all the Moody Street companies raced past my house.

Engine 4 arrived on scene first finding 2 construction trucks on fire with one fully involved in the driveway only feet from a 2.5 Story Wood Frame Dwelling. C-2 requested a Feeder to be laid as the fire was threatening to spread to the house. Firefighers stretched 2 lines off Engine 4 quickly containing the fire to the 2 trucks.

The fire remains under investigation at this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment